Sunday 7 July 2013

Sonam Kapoor wants to be Meena Kumari



Bollywood star Sonam Kapoor recently voiced her desire to essay the role of legendary actress Meena Kumari herself. Although there is currently no word about an upcoming biopic, Sonam is prepared for the possibility. 

When asked why, the 28-year-old actress said that she is fascinated by real-life flawed people.
"I would like to play Meena Kumari... she had such a tragic life," said Sonam. 

Meena Kumari, who is infamously known as the Tragedy Queen for playing the roles in films such as "Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam", is one of the most talented and successful actresses in Hindi cinema. Off-screen, her life is also tragic, seeing that she had to deal with a troubled marriage as well as an alcohol addiction. She died of liver cirrhosis at the young age of 39. 

Sonam elaborated, "I want to play anyone who has a nice character arch and is flawed; I would love to play such roles. It is because they are human. I am very flawed myself...I want to play a real person." The actress is known for her diversified roles in films like "Delhi-6", "Mausam", "Aisha" and "I Hate Luv Storys", among others. The actress is also excited about her role in the upcoming Rakeysh Omprkash Mehra's film, "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" with actor Farhan Akhtar.

0 comments:

Post a Comment